LLF LAWYERS LLP is seeking three dynamic, energetic professionals to join our Peterborough team in the following practice areas.
Corporate Commercial Law Clerk with a minimum two years experience. The ideal candidate will be able to handle corporate/commercial transactions from start to finish, including:
- Draft documents, correspondence, reports and invoices;
- Prepare, maintain and review organizational charts, corporate records, ledgers and registers, and take appropriate rectification steps;
- Draft documents to implement incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, annual proceedings, dissolutions, revivals and business names;
- Draft share conditions and documents pertaining to corporate reorganizations, financings, share and asset purchase transactions;
- Conduct corporate and securities searches and analyze filings; and
- Have knowledge of relevant legal procedures, statutes and regulations with exposure to: share conditions, reorganization transactions, corporate due diligence and merger/acquisition transactions.
Estate Planning Law Clerk with a minimum of two years experience. The ideal candidate will be able to handle the preparation, assistance in execution and reporting of clients estate planning and substitute decision documents, including:
- Receive instructions;
- Use computer based and firm templates to prepare draft and final Wills and Power of Attorney documents;
- Arrange appointments with designated lawyer and clients and assist in attending on execution of documents both in and out of the office;
- Prepare correspondence and other routine documents, including reports and invoices;
- Enter and maintain completed estate planning documents in the LLF Will and PoA Registry.
Senior Real Estate Law Clerk with a minimum of five years experience. The ideal candidate will be able to handle commercial and residential real estate transactions from start to finish, including:
- Draft documents and correspondence, including reports and invoices;
- Experience working with corporate law and/or municipal law, builders and developers is an asset;
- Proficiency in Conveyancer and Teraview/E-Reg required.
The successful candidates must have the following skill set and abilities:
- Work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously;
- Communicate with clients professionally by telephone, email and in person;
- Determine priority of assigned tasks and complete in a timely manner;
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in Office 365 and PCLaw; and
- Multi-task and work collaboratively in a collegial work sharing environment.
Please submit your resume and letter of application (specifying which position you are applying for) via email to Cindy Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
All Applications treated confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance).